to order on-line
John's Tips for
Successful Organic Growing
HEOG's life President and well-known guide at Ryton Organic Gardens John Sargent's endless fund of gardening knowledge, collected by Diana Sandercock.
68 fact-packed pages.
[view shopping cart]
- Click here for our helpful ideas and how-to organic growing tips
- Join our private email list and get the latest tips sent straight to your inbox.
Heart of England Organic Group
is a local group for people interested in the environment, organic growing and food, covering Coventry, Warwickshire, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield and the surrounding areas.
We organise a wide-ranging and interesting programme of talks and visits on subjects connected with food, health, environment and organic lifestyle.
Are you concerned about what you are eating?
The industrialisation of food production has resulted in a long series of food scares. No one seems to know what is safe to eat.
Fortunately, there is a solution. Organic food is grown to strict regulations, defined in law, which ban synthethic chemicals and genetically modified organisms, not only on the farm, but throughout processing, distribution and sale. Chemical-free agriculture also makes a very positive contribution to wildlife and the environment.
With only 1% of British farms organic, most organic food has to be imported, adding to food-miles and cost. You can help to change this by growing your own organic fruit and vegetables.
Even if you dont grow things to eat, going organic in your garden will help to create a poison-free haven for wildlife and your family.
If you are new to the idea of organic food, or would like support and help from local people who care about their health and the health of the planet, you will find a wealth of advice and ideas if you join Heart of England Organic Group.Join Heart of England Organic Group
- find out where to buy the whole range of organic foods
- find out how to grow your own healthy food with nature on your side rather than as an enemy
- get help and advice about how to deal with everyday problems without using poisons and synthetic chemicals
- visit gardens and places of interest
- receive newsletters with news and forthcoming events
- spread the message that the planet needs everyones help if it is going to be able to continue supporting us and our children into the future.
The annual subscription is only £12 (under 18's free). [view shopping cart]
You can join HEOG or renew your subscription now, or use the download membership form.
Please click below:
- New annual subscription £12
- Renew your existing subscription £12
- download the Membership Application Form (can be completed and emailed on-line)
- use the contact form and we will send you details by return.
Under 18's please use the contact form to join or renew.
Heart of England Organic Group
6 Waverley Road, Kenilworth, CV8 1JN
Tel. 01926 852135 email: ¨firstname.lastname@example.org¨
Local Organic Groups :
Community Supported Agriculture :
Five Acre Farm (Ryton, Coventry)
Canalside Community Foods (Radford Semele, Leamington)
Organic and related organisations: